Last night, i thought of taking a break from stress. I stopped contemplating for a while on difficulties, hindrances of goals (that I haven't been able to achieve) and failures that serve as lessons in life (and are meant to be treasured, of course!). I grabbed a beer and enjoyed it with my calamares masterpiece.
Below are the ingredients:
1. medium to large sized squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
2. all-purpose flour
3. 1 piece raw egg, beaten
4. 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
7. 2 cups cooking oil
How I prepared my Calamares Masterpiece:
- I combined the squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mixed well.
- Poured-in cooking oil in the cooking pot.
- Dredged the squid in flour then dipped in the beaten egg and rolled over on breadcrumbs.
- When the oil is hot enough, i deep-fried the squid until the color of the coating turned brown. Note: This should only take about 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat. Do not overcook the squid.
- Removed the fried squid from the cooking pot and transferred in a plate.
- Served with hot n spicy ketchup.
- Enjoyed eating my calamares with a bottle of beer.
We must take a break sometimes, wind down, feel at ease and forget about our worries. Every single thing, I suppose, really happens for a certain REASON!
Enjoy guys! 'til then... c;